Standards Working Group
The Working Group will assist the PMU in the planning and in the overseeing of the works related to the concerned field. The Working Groups will prepare draft modality and working procedure for their group and conduct with PMU approval.
Overall responsibility of the Standards Working Group will be as following:
- Develop data standards on data that the participating agencies produce. The group will develop the standards for the content, quality, classification and presentation / symbology of the data,
- The data content standard will be presented in Entity Relationship (ER) or Unified Modeling Language (UML) model, preferably in UML model. The model will be expanded into the database schemas.
- The data quality parameters will be identified and defined.
- A standard data classification and presentation scheme will be developed.
- Define process that the agencies need to follow to collect, update and disseminate the data,
- Identify the metadata elements that can best describe the data from each of the participating agencies. The metadata elements will have to minimally describe the content, quality, currency and the availability of the data,
- Define process that the agencies need to follow to generate, update and make the metadata available,
- Specify the relevant technology,
- Recommend the steps to be taken on how the standards developed within the project period can be transformed to the national standard,
- Recommend the mechanism to implement, review and enhance the standards periodically.
Mr. Durgendra Man Kayastha, Chief Survey Officer, PMU: Chairperson
Mr. Sushil Narsing Rajbahandari, Survey Officer, PMU
Mr. Nama Raj Budhathoki, Computer Officer, PMU
Mr. Badri Prasad Niraula, Deputy Director, Central Bureau of Statistics
Mr. Shankar Raj Pathak, GIS Specialist, Ministry of Local Development
Mr. Pushpa Ratna Shakya, Section Officer, Ministry of Population and Environment
Mr. Buddhin Narayan Maharjan, Asst Agri Economist, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives
Representative, Ministry of Health / Department of Health Services