Institution And Legislation Working Group
The Working Group will assist the PMU in the planning and in the overseeing of the works related to the concerned field. The Working Groups will prepare draft modality and working procedure for their group and conduct with PMU approval.
The overall responsibility of Institution and Legislation Working group will be to assess the existing institution and legislation, and prepare the new arrangements for the same. A more specific responsibilities will be as follows:
- Study and identify institutional impediments for smooth implementation
- Suggest necessary arrangements for effective coordination among the participating agencies
- Recommend key activities that the project needs to execute immediately in order to gain an active and purposeful participation from the agencies
- Suggest the post-project institutional framework of NGII in Nepal
- Suggest mechanism on how NGII can achieve a greater participation (i.e. inclusion of other agencies) in future
- Draft a long term national policy on NGII
- Study and assess the existing legislation, and identify the areas that challenge the collection, management and dissemination of digital data
- Identify the implications on the privacy, ownership and copyright of data
- Study and familiarize the legislative authority of data / information from respective participating agencies.
- Identify, discuss, prepare, finalize and recommend measures to update legal framework
- Draft the necessary amendment in the acts, rules regulations as applicable.
Mr. Raja Ram Chhatkuli, National Co-Director: Chairperson
Mr. Khimananda Bhusal, Legal Officer, PMU
Mr. Krishna Raj Neupane, Survey Officer, PMU
Mr. Rabi Prasad Kayastha, Deputy Director, Central Bureau of Statistics
Mr. Reshm, Raj Pandey, Under Secretary, Ministry of Local Development
Mr. Laxmi Bilas Koirala, Under Secretary, Ministry of Population and Environment
Mr. Mahendra Nath Paudel, Asstt Agri Economist, Ministry of Agriculture and Cooperatives
Representative, Ministry of Health / Department of Health Services